Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sproutkin

I recently saw a promo for Sproutkin, a children's book delivery service, and decided to try it out.
We got the preschool subscription -- the cost per month is $25 which I wouldn't normally do as we live a block from our local library, but the code I had gave me a month to try for free.  And free is good!
What I love about Sproutkin is how excited my 4 year old is to see a box of books arrive on the front porch for her.  We love to read around here, and this has made us read even more.
The book selections are based on a theme, and you get 10 books in a box, and they are so great.  We have received a couple that we already have, but that's not a bummer to my daughter -- she's excited that they sent us books we already love and for the most part ones we have never read.

You don't get to keep the books as a part of your monthly subscription fee -- if you want to keep any, you can, and you'll just be charged a price that is 10% off the list price for the book.

The thing I love the MOST about Sproutkin is that you don't have to wait to send back a box of books to get another -- you can go online into your account and just say "send me another box."
We have 4 boxes of Sproutkin books sitting at our house right now!
And sending them back is so so easy -- you just slap the pre-paid postage sticker on it that they include in the box and drop it off at the post office.
So simple.

So while I won't be paying $25 a month to continue, I wish I could justify the cost as it has been a wonderful service -- if you don't live near a library or work full-time and don't have the time to visit a library or bookstore to search out great kids' books I highly recommend Sproutkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment